Plumber Job Description
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Direct workers engaged in pipe cutting and pre-assembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Clear away debris in a renovation.
Post a Comment