Happy Holidays to Everyone!
Here are some precautions to take so your home doesn't become a target for these holiday bandits while you're away from home!
1) MAIL - It's a good idea to either have a trusted neighbor retrieve your mail each day, or go to the post office and see if they can hold your mail until you return.
2) PERCEPTION - Make sure NOT to do anything drastically different around your home before you leave. Leave it looking like it usually does. Maybe leave a light or two on. Some people even leave a talk-radio station on in the house to create the perception someone is still home.
3) SHHHH - Keep your vacation plans quiet, especially on social media sites. Criminals use these sites like a catalog, just looking for an opportunity to strike.
4) A TRUSTED FRIEND - One of the best ways to keep your home and property safe while your away is to lean on a trusted friend to either stay there as a house-sitter, or make frequent visits to check on everything while you're away.
5) HIDDEN KEYS - If you have hidden keys around your property for emergencies. Make sure to change the location often and it's a good idea to retrieve them and keep inside if you're going to be away for a few days.
6) ENERGY - This has nothing to do with thieves or burglars, but you can protect your wallet while you're away by adjusting the thermostats to save energy :)
7) SECURITY SIGNS - Make sure to advertise your security system prominently. Most security companies provide both yard signs and window stickers for their customers. If you don't have these, get some! Even if you don't have a security system, get some stickers to give the illusion that you do.
8) VALUABLES - It's recommended to keep valuables like jewelry, cash, etc. in a safe. if you don't have a safe or lock-box, make sure to take extra precautions by hiding these items in a part of the house that an intruder would never be able to find.
9) ALARM COMPANY - most security system providers recommend you call and alert them when you plan to leave. This way, ANY out of the ordinary activity around your property is an immediate red-flag, this allows them to respond quickly.
We hope this simple checklist helps you take the necessary precautions to keep your property safe when you are away. This information provided by Rainforest Plumbing & Air
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment